Automat / Rotomat:
The Universal Full Water Immersion Retort
- Product Quality - one system for all requirements
- Variety of containers - flexible without compromises
- Food safety - oxygen free processing
Full water immersion counterpressure retort concept
- Energy contained in the storage vessel allows for an extremely short temperature come-up-time.
- Water envelops the containers - even temperature penetration into the product from all sides.
- Optimised water circulation system guarantees homogenous temperature distribution.
- Buoyancy in full water immersion relieves sensible containers as semi-rigid trays, pouches etc.
- Counterpressure control with steam in the storage vessel avoids pressure peaks and minimises stress to packaging material.
- Containers are at no process phase in contact with air - oxidation of products is securely excluded.
- Even, gentle but nevertheless fast cooling avoids thermal shock and post-sterilisation cooking effect.
- High temperatures, transferred swiftly into the product, ensure that the required lethality effect (F-value) is obtained as fast as possible.
- Forced convection due to rotary operation accelerates the heat transfer to the coldest spot in the containers, even with products of higher viscosity.
- Short process times preserve natural quality, vitamins and nutritional values.
- Agitation of the product during heating prevents burning on the container walls.
- End-over-end rotation in an intensely mixed process water environment with its optimal heat transfer ensures the HTST (high temperature - short time) processing of most products.
Variants for all requirements
Various as our customer's requirements regarding capacity and sterilisation process - our range of full water immersion retorts: from the 2-cage autoclave for small batches of high quality "delicatessen" up to large capacity retorts for vegetable products in pouches.
The semi-immersion-rotary process, an option in each Stock Rotomat, meets highest requirements with reference to homogenous temperature distribution even with containers of a geometry, which otherwise impedes water throughflow.
|Type, Diameter||Cages/gross volume litre|
|Rotomat SRX 1100||2/730||3/1095||4/1460|
|Rotomat SRX 1300||2/1030||3/1545||4/2060|
|Rotomat SRX 1500||2/2050||3/3075||4/4100|
|Automat SAX 1100||2/730||3/1095||4/1460|
|Automat SAX 1300||2/1030||3/1545||4/2060|
|Automat SAX 1500||2/2050||3/3075||4/4100|
Economic and clean
The use of heat exchangers significantly simplifies the incorporation of the retorts into energy and water recovery systems:
- Indirect heating = recovery of condensate
- Indirect cooling = multiple use of cooling water, cooling in a sterile environment
High performing, flexible and economic:
Automated Batch Retort Systems
Manual loading and unloading of large capacity retorts requires great physical exertion. In this regard automatic handling systems from dft technology offer a substantial contribution of facilitation. A wide range, from manually operated packing supports to semi-automatic and fully automatic batch retort handling systems provides adequate solutions for any requirement.
Simplification of work flow with guaranteed flexibility!